JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler Issue Tracker

If you are looking for the decompiler itself, visit

NEW : We have got a new blog where we post some interesting SWF internals info.

List of issuesList of issues

#1839 Exporting a sprite as PNG does not generate expected result
Date created:
Type: bug
Visibility: Everybody
Assigned to:
Labels: ExportSprites
State: closed Help

> What steps will reproduce the problem? Open Provided SWF file Attempt to export animated sprite (in the example, use sprite 212: Explosion2) > What is the expected output? What do you see instead? I expect to see each individual frame that I can view in the editor as an individual frame in the exported PNG. Instead, the first 9 frames of the export are every other frame of what is listed in the editor. Those 9 frames are then repeated. > What version of the product are you using? Is it "nightly build"? Which operating system do you have? 15.1.1 Windows 10 Home > Please provide any additional information below. If the problem is related to a SWF file, attach it here, otherwise we can't help you. This happens with most sprites in the swf file. There are also cases where a sprite that is placed in another sprite will replay its animation when it should only play the animation once.
DownloadFleetCommander.swf (4,649 KiB)
Please note: I rolled back my installed version of the program to version 7.1.2 and I got the expected export result. 7.1.2 was chosen at random, I will now work my way forward though versions to find what version it no longer works on.
I went through the versions and it appears that this issue started in version 14.5.0. I can properly export the images when using version 14.4.0.
This should be fixed in nightly version 2031. You can download it here:
State: new→upgraded
nissanjp: Please do not spam other issues like this, thank you. I see your issue. If it was so easy to solve, it already was. Please communicate about your issue only in the issue itself, not here in unrelated issue, thank you.
JPEXS: I have tried the latest nightly build on the GitHub releases and compared the results. I can confirm that for me the latest nightly build does fix my issue. Thank you!
State: upgraded→closed