JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler Issue Tracker

If you are looking for the decompiler itself, visit https://github.com/jindrapetrik/jpexs-decompiler

: WARNING - support of the decompiler is now VERY LIMITED. There are no active developers. This means waiting times in the issue tracker are very long and mostly depend on community. Sorry for the inconvenience.

List of issuesList of issues

#641 Updated from old version to 2.1.2 and can't decompile file
Author: user misiek
Date created:
Type: bug
Visibility: Everybody
Assigned to: developer honfika
Labels: AS1/2
State: closed Help

I just update ffdec to newest version. I use zipped one, not installed. This one was decompiled without any problems on previous versions. I don't know what version exactly, because I didn't save it before update. I have 1.4.3 here and it works with that file. I got "decompile error" or some bad characters in code. In previous version it was all human-readable.
Downloadtfd.swf (36 KiB)
admin
The file is obfuscated. FFDec can deobfuscate some of types of files. In version 1.x, automatic deobfuscation was on by default. In 2.x version, you must enable it first. Please try menu Settins->Automatic deobfuscation Let us know if it's better.
Assigned:admin JPEXS
user
Without automatic deobfuscation I get decompile error. After enabling it I get source code errors, many charactes out of range (just squares, and in source they are variables or numbers) and in many places I see problems with decompilation. It wasn't happening before.
developer
please try the latest nightly build (with enabled deobfuscation)
State: new→upgraded
Assigned:developer honfika
user
Small problems with encoding, but source code is now much more readable and I can rewrite it and make it working.
developer
It is not an encoding problem, the variable name is the 0x01 and 0x0f character... I'll remove the unused varibles later. See issue #572 I close this one, please create new issue if you find new problems.
State: upgraded→closed