Moving to GitHub
In the beginning of 2018, we changed our homepage to be on github:
https://github.com/jindrapetrik/jpexs-decompiler instead of "free-decompiler.com".
FFDec version 11.0.0 onwards references only the new Github homepage.
- The main developer decided that it would be better the decompiler to not depend on any external site - domain, which might be unavailable in the future in case we decided to drop domain name or servers.
- The new GitHub approach also has advantages - for example versioning of the homepage texts, to be truly opensource.
- In case we drop decompiler support completely in the future, anyone can continue it using GitHub.
What has moved
- Downloads (including archive) to github releases (was already there before)
- Nightly downloads to github releases
- Application overview and features list to github wiki
- Source code information to README.md
- Changes log to CHANGELOG.md (was already there before)
- Authors and contact information to README.md
- Translations information to TRANSLATIONS.md
- How to install section of downloads to github wiki
- Automatic update checking to check github releases
What's left on the original free-decompiler.com domain
- Issue tracker
What's currently unavailable from original page and will be (probably) moved somewhere
- Donations page
- Awards page
- New version email notifications (when checked in issue tracker)
- PAD file generation
- Links section
- AS3 instruction list from Links section
- News section